Sunday 16 September 2012

Lovely Lady Lina

Title of this post : Lina & Vinay

Yes, you have read the title correct. (This is a love story :P )

This post is about Lina and Me and I have a very high place for this "Me" in my heart :).

This is the story about our first meeting , our discussions about life and our sharing of pain and love with each other. (which we are still continuing.)
It was just another regular chilling weekend(I think Saturday with -4 degrees ) of my life in Helsinki. I very well remember that day I  had invited one of my friend's family for lunch at my place.(cooking my super hit desi sandwiches).
I was waiting for their arrival at the metro station when I saw Lina for the first time,a beautiful Fin lady. She  directly came to me and fired world's best question against Vinay Kumar Gupta Ji  "Are you from INDIA" ?.

When I said Yes , She told me that she knew about INDIA and the wonderful customs we have , she had never been there but would love to one day.

Our conversation went around  various topics and traditions and after sometime I got to notice that my friend and his family was already there and my friend was eyeing me with a splash look on his face. :)

(kyaa bhai hum bhi hain vala expression).

To be honest, friends are fine but for me the discussion with Lina was more tempting and It was growing in good direction and my heart was saying I need to listen to her,so I made a quick decision (dumb you may say :P).I asked Lina to join us over lunch.

( My friend family was literally shocked - But  this is me folks, can't help :P .) 

Following the discussion , we went to my flat and after some time Lina also came to join us(1:00 PM around ).

She had brought us three small bottles of a famous raspberry whiskey from Tallin.
(One for me , another for my teetotaler friend and one for his wife and kid may be :P , I still ROFL when I remember their expressions , Sorry guys. )


but its a custom in Helsinki and custom for INDIANS to respect the gift. (We did)

Also she brought with her the picture album of her family and of her dogs. We talked for quite a time
(though I listened mostly , strange kind of Vinay :P ).

She told me about her old days in London where she used to work as a receptionist in a hotel.How she had met her boyfriend in a social gathering. She also told me about the barber they have in Tallin and how much she enjoys to cruise there to get a haircut and about her dogs and the trouble they used to give to her.


It was really a good day , We all enjoyed her company and got a great chance to understand the flavor of a totally different culture. Finally , Lina bid a adieu to us(with a kiss on my forehead) and we all shared our addresses to be in touch in the future.


And its on till now , I have made a custom to call her once in two-three weeks to get in touch and to hear if she is doing good and she never fails to write to me almost from her each trip to Tallin, sharing all the happenings of the life.

And my dear lovely readers , holding this letter of hers in my hands(which i had received yesterday only).
I can assure you guys that she is doing great.
PS : Lina is 75 years old and the day we have met she told me that four days back her partner had died and she didn't know what to do , how to handle it , they had been together for around thirty years and one day suddenly he left her alone in the morning. 
She didn't have any kids or friends to share the pain or to talk about him and somehow she was knowing that we INDIAN knows what happens to the people when they die(if they come back or not)  this triggered the discussion between us and I am glad it happened :). 

Now after reading this narration If any of you want to write to my friend Lina to make her feel special , drop me an email to vinay.gupta.g@gmail.com with a header I WANT TO WRITE TO LINA, I will write the address back to you. (From INDIA you need a fifteen rupee stamp only.)

But please make sure , just write positive letters telling her that how much we love her and to make her feel special  and wanted.

(and please don't complain in future that life had not given you a fair chance to be good to someone who needs your positive words and time break :P )

I am strange sometimes but I know who I am :)

Cheers Guys , Love You All

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment as a writer I feel encouraged :)