Friday 10 February 2012

Can feelings be controlled ?

This is really interesting and a true art of mastering yourself ,Controlling your feelings.

But for that first we try to understand what these feelings are and from where they are getting derived.And most important have we become a functioning of our feelings ?

Today , I am writing this blog from Chennai airport, I am returning to home after around two months. Yesterday , I got numerous calls and messages from my friends and students I met and taught in Chennai and Its a heavy feeling to leave so many relations , But why ?

Ok a simple answer to this can be attachments caused by a natural process of belonging to someone.(Common to all human beings).

So what should I do ? One common reaction(which most of us will do) can be to loose control over my core and to further feel more sad or after doing a deep thinking I can respect these and treasure with smile.

So I feel We can control these feelings by choosing our response to them, Yes I am leaving this city but with smile, lot of learning , and with great experiences :)..

One thing for sure guys,I have learnt from my experiences that when feelings(anger or love) controls us , We are tend to do mistakes , big mistakes which my result in life changing patterns.

I have done this many times and have seen numerous people doing the same....

If you would have read the novel Captain Corelli's Mandolin or seen the film , There is a famous definition for love as below :

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being ''in love'' which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two".


This is what I can easily relate my understanding of functioning of feelings , They are important but not supreme.

Supreme is something which is left after the feelings have passed , residing on very top of these.

If ever in life one can understand and connect to this supreme , His life would not be a functioning of feelings.....He would be a able to choose responses based on the understanding of something getting derived from the core.

Lets see how much , but If we can understand the very end, We would be able to choose our correct paths.....our responses...

Search is on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment as a writer I feel encouraged :)