Sunday 19 February 2012

Dishum-Dishum "I am correct, No I am Correct"

The worst thing to face in our daily lives conflicts, arguments ,non ending debates without any conclusions and then broken relationships or worsen mental situations.But can we control these ?

To discuss the answer let me share a small experience I had on a working day of my Office.

Some days back while working with Chennai branch of our office ,I experienced a small conflict situation with one of our security person.

Working in IT Industry we have a rule to get our bags checked on the main gate.So going by the rules I went to the security person and handed over my bag to him to check.In reply he asked me to open the zips of the bag and to give it back to him in opened condition.
I was kind of shocked thinking of him very rude and lazy, not even willing to open the zips of the bag.I felt bad on his behaviour and kind of protested a little bit.(My way of seeing the things)

Then he replied to me "Sir your bag is expensive and If your zip breaks or anything , I am very poor to get it fixed" So we ask all people to give the bags in open state only.(His way of seeing the things)

Finally we smiled(Our way of seeing the things).

This is what we face daily in our life , We see explain or perceive the world in the way we have been build up(or how we see the things) but we simply tend to forget that other person is also having his lenses to view the same scenario from his or her point of view.

So who is actually right or wrong ? Why not we try to expand our understanding and maturity of others lenses by which they are seeing the world.

And we face this daily , Today one road was full of traffic , I asked one of my friends to explain about it , to say some lines.

My Friend : Hell lot of traffic , such a waste road , pollution :(
Me : Best road of the world , Road to my home :)

From my personal experiences ,I have faced that sometimes when we are under feelings or other factors , we can not see the things clearly and even if we are seeing,we Bart to communicate, to discuss or to share.(Anger,Ego).We try to find the ways to justify our lenses without realizing that other person is also having his/her justification to explanations.

My experience with the security person was like a serendipitous one but every time you can not get so lucky :) ,specially in the interpersonal relationships.

If we want to lead to a happy life in this highly interdependent world then we have to get a new level of thinking.We have to oblige to the fact that for all our understandings , their always exists a different view point and we should be ready to understand it(others thinking) and even more ready to explain ours.(God has given us power of speech to explain and every time silence can't work , specially when you are building relationships :))

Be Merry Guys , Time to change our lenses..I have changed mine and things are more clear now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment as a writer I feel encouraged :)